Sunday, November 29, 2009

Placemat Discussions

I found these rather tacky placemats at Ross and I LOVE THEM. It isn't that they match my kitchen decor particularly well, and it isn't because they go with any other Christmas decorations in the kitchen. I love them because they prompt wonderful conversation with little kiddos. In addition to wonderful conversation, they make for great quizzing material. While we are waiting for all the food to get to the table or having snack we talk about things like

1. What was Jesus' mom's name again?
2. What kinds of gifts do you think the wise men brought to Jesus? Do you think that is why we give gifts at Christmas time?

3. Do you think Mary was comfy-cozy in a stable?
You get the idea. We talk about the story of Jesus' birth (Christmas) multiple times each day because as he snacks on animal crackers we are talking about what we see on the placemat. I think I'm going to make this a tradition around here....possibly all year long. I could even make my own placemats in an effort to direct table conversation among my kiddos. Hmmm...Just food for thought! Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment